2017 AGM in Toronto
|2017 Conference Agenda||2017 Minutes for Conference & AGM|
Newcomers and Alumni members from across Canada attended the 40th National Newcomers Annual General Meeting & Conference on October 20-21, 2017 making new friends, learning new skills, and deepening our Newcomer connections. Held at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel at 108 Chestnut Street in Toronto, the conference was launched with a Friday night Welcome Cocktail Party hosted by the Toronto Newcomers’ Club.
The full-day conference on Saturday, October 21 featured a lovely breakfast, a Presidents meeting, a session on Co-Operators Insurance, morning guest speaker Carol Camerino, and luncheon speaker Brian Crowley from the MacDonald Laurier Institute discussing, “What Makes Canada Great.”
The Saturday afternoon Roundtable Discussions featured a variety of topics:
• Publicity: How to grow your club
• Monthly Meetings: How to make them engaging/welcoming
• Alumni Clubs: How to retain members
• Conflict Resolution: What to do when members don’t get along
• How to Inspire Volunteers for the Executive
• Club Share: Ideas for activities/solutions to problems
Two special Toronto tours were provided on Sunday, October 22, hosted by Toronto Newcomers’ Club.