2017 AGM in Toronto
Newcomers and Alumni members from across Canada are invited to join us at the 40th National Newcomers Annual General Meeting & Conference. All members of Newcomers and Alumnae clubs are invited to attend, to make new friends, learn new skills, and deepen our Newcomer connection.
- Individual price: $85
- Groups of 10+ members from a single club: $80/member
Friday, October 20: Welcome Cocktail Party hosted by the Toronto Newcomers’ Club
Saturday, October 21:
• Presidents meeting
• Guest Speaker: Carol Camerino (see her bio here)
• Cooperators Insurance Q & A
• Luncheon Speaker:
– Brian Crowley, MacDonald Laurier Institute – “WHAT MAKES CANADA GREAT” (see his bio here)
Saturday Afternoon Roundtable Discussions:
• Publicity: How to grow your club
• Monthly Meetings: How to make them engaging/welcoming
• Alumni Clubs: How to retain members
• Conflict Resolution: What to do when members don’t get along
• How to Inspire Volunteers for the Executive
• Club Share: Ideas for activities/solutions to problems
Sunday, October 22 – Tours of Toronto, hosted by Toronto Newcomers’ Club.
HOTEL: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, 108 Chestnut Street, Toronto. Phone 1-416-977-5000 and ask for the Newcomers block of rooms at our special rate of $199/night plus tax. This special rate is good for 3 days before and after the conference.
AIRLINE DISCOUNTS: Westjet Discount Coupon: XWROWAZ (travel agent code – YYZ03)
There will be prizes awarded to the club that sends the MOST MEMBERS, and to the club that travels THE LONGEST DISTANCE with the most members.
“Let’s meet in Toronto” for a weekend filled with fun & learning!
If you have any questions, please contact your area director: